Fit & Fly Girl Morocco
October 13 - 20, 2018
Join us for Fit & Fly Girl Morocco, which will be held October 13 - 20, 2018. The first 4 nights of the retreat will be held at a luxurious private estate, the next 2 nights of the retreat will be held at a "glamping" camp in the Agafay desert, and the last night of the retreat will be held at a 5-star palace hotel. The Retreat Host is Fit & Fly Girl Co-Founder, Rebecca Garland, and the Fitness Instructor is Chiara Pellegrino.
Morocco is a country in North Africa with a fascinating history, combining an influence of European, Arab, and African cultures. Our time in Morocco will be concentrated in and near Marrakesh, a city known for its vibrant atmosphere of entertainment, shopping, and food. Like many Moroccan cities, Marrakesh has a medina (an old city with vendors and stalls) and has the largest traditional souk (market) in Morocco. Marrakesh offers its visitors an amazing sensory overload experience, best summed up by fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent who said, "This city taught me color."
Please note that while a head scarf is not necessary to be worn in Morocco, women should cover their shoulders and wear modest clothing (skirts or pants below the knee) when away from the accommodations.
Peacock Pavilions (October 13th - 17th)
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco guests will stay at the private estate Peacock Pavilions located in an olive grove on the outskirts of Marrakesh. Peacock Pavilions consists of three pavilions as well as a bungalow, pool, outdoor gym, yoga pavilion, outdoor cinema, and a dining tent.
Peacock Pavilions has been featured in various publications from Elle Decor to The New York Times. The estate was designed and built by American author, blogger, and designer Maryam Montague who has led "design safaris" in Marrakesh for Tory Burch, Martha Stewart, and Lily Allen. Maryam's design influence is seen throughout the decor at Peacock Pavilions.
Maryam founded Project Soar, a non-profit organization established to empower local Moroccan girls who are from the same village where Peacock Pavilions is located. While staying at Peacock Pavilions during the retreat, Fit & Fly Girl guests will have the opportunity to participate in a Project Soar activity.
Please note that there will be resident peacocks, cats and a dog on the estate at Peacock Pavilions.
Scarabeo Camp (October 17th - 19th)
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco guests will spend the next 2 nights of the retreat "glamping" at Scarabeo Camp, a luxury desert camp located in the stone desert of Agafay, approximately one hour outside of Marrakesh.
Each of Scarabeo's tents have either one queen size bed or two twin beds, depending on the type of accommodation chosen. The tents have a traditional Moroccan lounge area; a stretched cotton panel at the entrance to each tent with two chairs; a private, Western toilet; and an ensuite shower tent, Berber-style. Breakfast and lunch will be served outside under the shade of a hand-woven canopy, and dinner will be enjoyed around a candlelit table in the dining tent.
Guests will be transported via private group shuttle to Scarabeo Camp on the afternoon of Wednesday, October 17th. On the morning of Friday, October 19th, guests will be transported via private group shuttle from Scarabeo Camp to La Mamounia Palace Hotel in Marrakesh.
Please note that other guests will be staying at Scarabeo Camp alongside Fit & Fly Girl guests. Also please note that WiFi is not available at Scarabeo Camp due to the remote location.
La Mamounia Palace Hotel (October 19th - 20th)
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco guests will spend the last night of the retreat at the 5-star La Mamounia Palace Hotel in Marrakesh. Over the past nearly 100 years, La Mamounia has hosted foreign leaders and celebrities, including Winston Churchill, Yves Saint Laurent, Paul McCartney, Sarah Jessica Parker, Elton John, Charlie Chaplin, Edit Piaf, and Gwyneth Paltrow.
While at La Mamounia, guests will be pampered with their choice of either a complimentary traditional hammam or a 60-minute massage at the 27,000 square foot Spa Mamounia. When not at the spa, guests can enjoy La Mamounia's outdoor pool located within the property's gardens, its indoor pool, fitness center, or clay tennis courts.
Please note that other guests will be staying at La Mamounia Palace Hotel alongside Fit & Fly Girl guests.
Pricing and Reservations
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco includes the following:
- Seven nights accommodations in Morocco (4 nights at Peacock Pavilions, 2 nights at Scarabeo Camp, 1 night at La Mamounia Palace Hotel)
- Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- One daily fitness class taught by fitness instructor Chiara each morning
- One yoga class in the Moroccan desert taught by a local yogi
- Private guided tours led by celebrity tour guide Mustapha Chouquir to sites in Marrakesh
- Day trip to Richard Branson's luxury hotel, Kasbah Tamadot, in the Atlas Mountains
- Three hour walk with a local guide in the Atlas Mountains, including a visit to a local Berber village for tea in a traditional home
- Three-course lunch at Kasbah Tamadot
- Visit to the Eve Branson Foundation to observe local Moroccan girls making crafts, including tea and browsing their handmade gifts
- Camel ride in the Moroccan desert
- Visit to Yves Saint Laurent's garden, Jardin Marjorelle
- Henna tattoo party
- Your choice of one 60-minute massage or one traditional hammam at La Mamounia's Spa
- Complimentary WiFi at Peacock Pavilions and La Mamounia (Please note that WiFi will not be available at Scarabeo Camp due to its remote location in the desert)
- Group transportation to and from Scarabeo Camp
- Round trip transportation to all group activities and excursions during the retreat
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco is priced as follows:
- Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at Peacock Pavilions; Double Occupancy Tent (twin bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $4,100 per person (SOLD OUT)
- Single Occupancy Room (queen bed) at Riad Sapphire; Single Occupancy Tent (queen bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Single Occupancy Room (queen bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $5,400 (SOLD OUT)
Rates do not include airfare to and from Marrakesh; transportation from Marrakesh airport to Peacock Pavilions; transportation from La Mamounia to Marrakesh airport; alcoholic beverages; one lunch and one dinner during the retreat, which will be held at local restaurants in Marrakesh; additional spa treatments or supplemental activities; or optional gratuities for fitness leader, spa therapists, or staff.
We have a limited number of spaces available, so contact us here or at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot for Fit & Fly Girl Morocco!