Fit & Fly Girl x HEALERS Palm Springs
April 7 - 11, 2019
Join us for Fit & Fly Girl x HEALERS Palm Springs, which will be held April 7 - 11, 2019, at Avalon Hotel Palm Springs.
The 4-night retreat will be hosted by Fit & Fly Girl Co-Founder, Rebecca Garland, and wellness and beauty expert, Elizabeth Kendig, creator of HEALERS podcast. In addition to Fit & Fly Girl's fitness instructor leading daily fitness classes, three wellness practitioners - Erin Anderson, Sabrina Rollo, and Vanessa Feils - will offer wellness workshops during the retreat.
The retreat will take place in the days leading up to the first weekend of the Coachella Music Festival for any guests who choose to stay over in the Palm Springs area to enjoy the festival!
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs is the ideal retreat for someone who . . .
- needs a retreat experience but can only escape from work or family for a few days.
- lives in the States and would rather travel a bit closer to home.
- enjoys fitness but also wants to delve deeper into wellness. (Hike in the morning and sound bath meditation in the afternoon? Sounds perfect!)
- loves the idea of a girlfriend getaway in a California chic setting. (Free time complete with poolside drinks and shopping with new friends? Yes please!)
Palm Springs is located in the Sonoran Desert of Southern California. The city is well known for its hot springs, spas, stylish hotels, midcentury modern architecture, and 350-days-per-year of sunshine. Old Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor owned homes in Palm Springs, and celebrities continue to flock to the area, especially with its close proximity to the site of the annual Coachella Music Festival. Palm Springs has also become a draw for wellness-seekers with its mineral hot springs; health spas; and proximity to Joshua Tree National Park. Just a two-hour drive from Los Angeles (and a quick six-hour flight from New York), Palm Springs is perfectly situated for women looking for a retreat getaway in the States.
Avalon Hotel Palm Springs
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs will be held at Avalon Hotel Palm Springs, a chic, Spanish Mission-style boutique hotel. Avalon is ideally situated on over four acres in the foothills of the San Jacinto Mountains. The hotel is located only two blocks from Palm Springs' downtown design district and within walking distance to shops and restaurants.
Avalon is comprised of 67 contemporary rooms and bungalows; Chi Chi restaurant and bar serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner; Estrella Spa offering a variety of spa treatments; a fitness center; three outdoor pools; hot tub; and lush garden courtyards.
The hotel provides excellent service in the form of a 24-hour concierge, daily housekeeping, poolside drink and meal service, complimentary WiFi throughout the property, and complimentary valet. An in-room tablet allows guests to customize their hotel experience by ordering room service or their car delivered from valet without picking up the phone.
Avalon offers a variety of accommodations ranging from studio rooms to one- and two-bedroom bungalows. All rooms and bungalows offer custom terry robes, Frette linens, Davines bathroom amenties, LCD TVs, in-room tablets, and curated minibars. In addition, bungalows offer full kitchens, living and dining rooms, gas-burning fireplaces, and furnished private patios for a feeling of being at home while on vacation.
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs will offer guests the choice of a variety of accommodation types to suit everyone from solo travelers to groups of friends traveling together, as follows:
- Single Occupancy Studio Room (1 King Bed): perfect for the solo traveler who wants her own space
- Double Occupancy Studio Room (2 Queen Beds): perfect for solo travelers who would like to be paired with a roommate or two friends traveling together
- Single Occupancy One-Bedroom Bungalow (1 King Bed): perfect for the solo traveler who wants her own space and wants to spread out in a bungalow
- Double Occupancy One-Bedroom Bungalow (1 King Bed): perfect for two friends traveling together who don't mind sharing a bed and want to spread out in a bungalow
- Double Occupancy Two-Bedroom Bungalow (2 King Beds, 2 Bathrooms): perfect for two friends traveling together who each want their own bedroom and want to spread out in a bungalow
- Quadruple Occupancy Two-Bedroom Bungalow (2 King Beds, 2 Bathrooms): perfect for four friends traveling together who don't mind sharing two to a bed and want to spread out in a bungalow
Please note that if booking a bungalow for two or four guests, these must be booked in full by a group of two or four friends.
Please also note that other guests will be staying at Avalon Hotel during Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs.
Fitness • Wellness • Spa • Excursions
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs will offer guests a variety of fitness and wellness experiences. Daily fitness classes in Avalon's courtyard will be taught by Fit & Fly Girl's fitness instructor. In addition, Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs' wellness and beauty expert, Elizabeth Kendig, has selected healers who practice in Southern California - Erin Anderson, Sabrina Rollo, and Vanessa Feils - to offer wellness workshops and experiences to connect guests to their higher self and purpose. For any guests who want to delve deeper, each wellness practitioner will offer individual sessions during the retreat for a supplemental fee.
One day during the retreat, the group will travel to Joshua Tree National Park for an outdoor morning yoga class in the park. The group will then go on a hike after which a beautiful picnic lunch will be waiting for the group upon their return. Following the visit to Joshua Tree, the group will travel 20 miles north to Landers, California to the Integratron for a private group sound bath meditation. Guests will also enjoy a complimentary massage at Avalon's Estrella Spa during the retreat.
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs builds free time into the schedule to relax and sit by the pool with a book, pamper yourself with a spa treatment, or explore Palm Springs. For a supplemental fee, we are able to arrange any additional activities you would like during your retreat.
Pricing and Reservations
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs includes the following:
- Five days/four nights accommodations at Avalon Hotel Palm Springs
- Daily breakfasts, two lunches, and two dinners
- Daily fitness classes in Avalon's courtyard taught by a Fit & Fly Girl fitness instructor
- Workshops taught by area wellness practitioners selected by wellness and beauty expert, Elizabeth Kendig
- Entrance fee to Joshua Tree National Park
- Outdoor yoga class at Joshua Tree National Park
- Guided hike at Joshua Tree National Park
- Outdoor picnic lunch at Joshua Tree National Park
- Private group sound bath meditation at the Integratron
- Complimentary massage at Avalon's Estrella Spa
- Gift bag with items curated by Fit & Fly Girl
- Avalon's daily resort fee
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary valet parking
- Complimentary use of Avalon's bicycles
- Complimentary 24-hour access to Avalon's fitness center
- Round trip transportation to Joshua Tree National Park
Fit & Fly Girl Palm Springs is priced as follows:
- Double Occupancy Studio Room (2 Queen Beds): $2,200 per person
- Single Occupancy Studio Room (1 King Bed): $3,100
- Quadruple Occupancy Two Bedroom Bungalow (2 King Beds): $2,800 per person
- Double Occupancy One Bedroom Bungalow (1 King Bed): $3,000 per person
- Double Occupancy Two Bedroom Bungalow (2 King Beds): $3,800 per person
- Single Occupancy One Bedroom Bungalow (1 King Bed) - $4,500
Rates do not include airfare to and from Palm Springs, California (PSP); transfers between airport and Avalon Hotel; alcoholic beverages; one lunch and two dinners during the retreat; additional spa treatments; or supplemental activities.