Fit & Fly Girl Morocco
September 16 - 23, 2017
Join us for Fit & Fly Girl Morocco, which will be held September 16 - 23, 2017. The first 4 nights of the retreat will be held at a posh private riad in Marrakesh, the next 2 nights of the retreat will be held at a luxury desert camp located approximately 45 minutes outside the city, and the last night of the retreat will be held at a 5-star palace hotel. Your host for the retreat will be Fit & Fly Girl founder, Rebecca, and your fitness leader will be London-based fitness instructor, Chiara Pellegrino.
Morocco is a country in North Africa with a fascinating history, combining an influence of European, Arab, and African cultures. Our time in Morocco will be concentrated in and near Marrakesh, a city known for its vibrant atmosphere of entertainment, shopping, and food. Like many Moroccan cities, Marrakesh has a medina (an old city with vendors and stalls) and has the largest traditional souk (market) in Morocco. Marrakesh offers its visitors an amazing sensory overload experience, best summed up by fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent who said, "This city taught me color."
Please note that while a head scarf is not necessary to be worn in Morocco, women should cover their shoulders and wear modest clothing (skirts or pants below the knee) while outside.
Riad Sapphire (September 16 - 20, 2017)
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco guests will stay at Riad Sapphire located in the Marrakesh medina, which has been privately rented out for our group.
Riad Sapphire is owned by two British sisters who oversaw the restoration of the riad, hiring local skilled artisans to create woven fabrics, plasterwork, and woodwork by hand. The result is a combination of modern interiors with Moroccan details and craftsmanship that provides a chic respite from Marrakesh's medina.
Each of Riad Sapphire's eight air-conditioned suites include an ensuite bathroom. Riad Sapphire has a swimming pool, an on-site spa and hammam with a range of Moroccan-inspired spa therapies, two marble courtyards with fountains, and a salon with fireplace. The riad's rooftop terrace offers seating with views of the Marrakesh medina and the Atlas Mountains.
Riad Sapphire offers daily housekeeping, organic toiletries, a 24-hour front desk, satellite TV, complimentary WiFi, and the use of a mobile phone during your stay (with a refundable deposit). The riad is located in the northwestern corner of Marrakesh's medina, which is a 15 minute walk to the Djemaa el Fna square and the souk and a 20-25 minute walk to the palace museums.
Scarabeo Camp (September 20 - 22, 2017)
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco guests will spend the next 2 nights of the retreat "glamping" at Scarabeo Camp, a luxury desert camp located in the stone desert of Agafay, approximately one hour outside of Marrakesh.
Each of Scarabeo's tents have either one queen size bed or two twin beds, depending on the type of accommodation chosen. The tents have a traditional Moroccan lounge area; a stretched cotton panel at the entrance to each tent with two chairs; a private, Western toilet; and an ensuite shower tent, Berber-style (one hot and one cold bucket of water to rinse off). In addition to the Berber-style showers in each tent, two tents with a "real shower" will be available at Scarabeo for the use of all guests. Breakfast and lunch will be served outside under the shade of a hand-woven canopy, and dinner will be enjoyed around a candlelit table in the dining tent.
Guests will be transported via private group shuttle from Riad Sapphire to Scarabeo on the afternoon of Wednesday, September 20th. On the morning of Friday, September 22nd, guests will be transported via private group shuttle from Scarabeo Camp to La Mamounia Palace Hotel in Marrakesh.
Please note that other guests will be staying at Scarabeo Camp alongside Fit & Fly Girl guests. Also please note that WiFi is not available at Scarabeo Camp due to the remote location.
La Mamounia Palace Hotel (September 22 - 23, 2017)
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco guests will spend the last night of the retreat at the 5-star La Mamounia Palace Hotel in Marrakesh. Over the past nearly 100 years, La Mamounia has hosted foreign leaders and celebrities, including Winston Churchill, Yves Saint Laurent, Paul McCartney, Sarah Jessica Parker, Elton John, Charlie Chaplin, Edit Piaf, and Ray Charles.
While at La Mamounia, guests will be pampered with a complimentary traditional hammam and 60-minute massage at the 27,000 square foot Spa Mamounia. When not at the spa, guests can enjoy La Mamounia's outdoor pool located within the property's gardens, its indoor pool, fitness center, or clay tennis courts.
Please note that other guests will be staying at La Mamounia Palace Hotel alongside Fit & Fly Girl guests.
Fitness/Yoga Classes, Activities, and Excursions
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco will be a cultural retreat incorporating a once-daily fitness component. Each morning before breakfast, one fitness class will be offered, allowing the group to fully immerse itself in the Moroccan culture for the remainder of the day. Chiara will teach fitness classes including HIIT, cardio, strength and conditioning, and a fitness program she created for women, TotalBody, which includes a mix of cardio and resistance training set to music and suitable for all fitness levels. In addition, a local yoga instructor will teach a yoga class at Scarabeo Camp in the desert.
Activities in Marrakesh will include guided tours of cultural attractions in the city, led by an English-speaking private guide, Mustapha Chouquir, who has served as a guide for celebrities such as Alec Baldwin and Maggie Gyllenhaal. In addition to tours around the medina and the souk, Mustapha will also lead the group on a night tour of Jamaa el Fna, the main square in Marrakesh's medina. The group will also tour Yves Saint Laurent's gardens, Jardin Marjorelle.
The group will enjoy a private shopping tour led by Maryam Montague, the personal shopper in Morocco for Martha Stewart, Tory Burch, and Sophia Bush. Maryam will tour the group through Marrakesh's souk and local boutiques filled with unique clothing, jewelry, home and gift items.
In addition to guided tours, activities will include a private belly dancing lesson for the group, a Moroccan cooking class, receiving an organic henna tattoo, and a complimentary traditional hammam and massage at a local day spa. On the last night in Marrakesh, the group will go out to dinner at Comptoir Darna, a restaurant, lounge, and nightclub, which features belly dancing during meals.
One day during the retreat, the group will travel to Richard Branson's luxury hotel, Kasbah Tamadot, in the Atlas Mountains. A local guide will lead the group on a three-hour walk in the Atlas Mountains, including a visit to a local Berber village for tea in a traditional home. Back at Kasbah Tamadot, the group will enjoy a three-course lunch followed by a visit to the Eve Branson Foundation to observe Moroccan girls making crafts, including a stay for tea and browsing their handmade gifts. While at Scarabeo, Fit & Fly Girl guests will enjoy a yoga class taught by a local yoga instructor and a camel ride in the desert. In addition, Scarabeo also offers the complimentary use of kites, lawn bowling and board games for guests' enjoyment.
Breakfasts at Riad Sapphire will consist of eggs, crepes, fruit, homemade yogurt, bread, preserves, fresh orange juice, mint tea, and coffee. While some lunches and dinners will be held at local restaurants in Marrakesh, others will be prepared by the chef at Riad Sapphire, consisting of traditional Moroccan food such as Couscous with Chicken and Apricots or Tagine with Lemon Chicken and Olives. Likewise, at Scarabeo Camp, guests will dine on traditional Moroccan cuisine, including seasonal vegetables and bread baked in a traditional earthly oven. Vegetarians can be accommodated at both Riad Sapphire and Scarabeo Camp.
Pricing and Reservations
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco includes the following:
- Seven nights accommodations in Morocco (4 nights at Riad Sapphire in Marrakesh, 2 nights at Scarabeo Camp, 1 night at La Mamounia Palace Hotel)
- Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- One daily fitness class taught by fitness instructor Chiara each morning
- One yoga class in the Moroccan desert taught by a local yogi
- Private guided tours led by celebrity tour guide Mustapha Chouquir to sites in Marrakesh
- Private shopping tour led by celebrity personal shopper Maryam Montague to the souk and boutiques in Marrakesh
- Day trip to Richard Branson's luxury hotel, Kasbah Tamadot, in the Atlas Mountains
- Three hour walk with a local guide in the Atlas Mountains, including a visit to a local Berber village for tea in a traditional home
- Three-course lunch at Kasbah Tamadot
- Visit to the Eve Branson Foundation to observe local Moroccan girls making crafts, including tea and browsing their handmade gifts
- Camel ride in the Moroccan desert
- Private belly dancing lesson for the group
- Cooking class featuring local Moroccan cuisine
- Guided tour of Yves Saint Laurent's garden, Jardin Marjorelle
- Organic henna tattoo
- One 60-minute massage at La Mamounia's Spa
- One traditional hammam at La Mamounia's Spa
- Complimentary WiFi at Riad Sapphire and La Mamounia (Please note that WiFi will not be available at Scarabeo Camp due to its remote location in the desert)
- Group transportation to and from Scarabeo Camp
- Round trip transportation to all group activities and excursions during the retreat
- Swag bag with gifts curated by Fit & Fly Girl
Fit & Fly Girl Morocco is priced as follows:
- Triple Occupancy Room (twin bed) at Riad Sapphire; Double Occupancy Tent (twin bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $3,200 per person
- Triple Occupancy Room (queen bed) at Riad Sapphire; Double Occupancy Tent (twin bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $3,400 per person - SOLD OUT
- Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at Riad Sapphire; Double Occupancy Tent (twin bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $3,700 per person - SOLD OUT
- Double Occupancy Room (queen bed) at Riad Sapphire; Double Occupancy Tent (twin bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel- $3,900 per person - SOLD OUT
- Single Occupancy Room (queen bed) at Riad Sapphire; Double Occupancy Tent (twin bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Double Occupancy Room (twin bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $4,900 - SOLD OUT
- Single Occupancy Room (queen bed) at Riad Sapphire; Single Occupancy Tent (queen bed) at Scarabeo Camp; Single Occupancy Room (queen bed) at La Mamounia Palace Hotel - $5,300 - SOLD OUT
Rates do not include airfare to and from Marrakesh; transportation from Marrakesh airport to Riad Sapphire; alcoholic beverages; one lunch and one dinner during the retreat, which will be held at local restaurants in Marrakesh; additional spa treatments or supplemental activities; or optional gratuities for fitness leader, spa therapists, or staff.
We have a limited number of spaces available, so contact us here or at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot for Fit & Fly Girl Morocco!